Skip to Main Content
Navigated to Paying for College.

Tuition and Payment Policy

Students must pay their tuition and fees, or set up a payment plan, by the due dates in the Academic Calendar. Students who register after the due date must make payment arrangements within seven days.

All tuition and fees, including late penalties, are posted on the catalog's Tuition page.

Payment Options

Students may pay online, through a payment plan, by mail or in-person. Details on each step are listed on the college's Paying for College page. Payment vouchers may not include any contingencies such as grades or attendance to qualify as an appropriate payment arrangement.

Financial Responsibility for Dropping Classes

Students will receive full reimbursements for classes dropped before the drop deadline, except for unreturned books or materials. Students who stop attending a class or drop a class after the deadline will be responsible for tuition and fees.

Dropping a course or courses after the add/drop period is considered “Withdrawal from Courses." Charges for the courses withdrawn after the add/drop period remain on the student account at 100%. Non-attendance does not equate to a drop or withdrawal. Additional info on “Withdrawal from Courses” can be found under the “Registration” section.

Delinquent Student Accounts

Student accounts with an outstanding balance are considered delinquent and may be referred to a collection agency. When the account is placed with the collection agency, students will be responsible for collection agency fees, which are based on a percentage of the delinquent account placed with the agency. The college also refer delinquent accounts to the State of New Jersey Set Off of Individual Liability, which withholds New Jersey Income Tax refunds and Homestead Benefit payments from taxpayers who owe debts to colleges. Students with an outstanding balances will be prohibited from registering and accessing official transcripts.

Application Fee

There is no application fee for domestic admissions applicants (within the U.S).

International student applicants (students seeking or on an F-1 visa): must pay a fee for admission to the college, this processing fee is non-refundable.

Chargeback Law (Non-Burlington County Residents)

New Jersey residents living outside of Burlington County and attending Rowan College at Burlington County may qualify for in-county tuition rates through the Chargeback program if their academic program is not offered by their home county's community college. Students must obtain an Application and Certification of Eligibility for Chargeback form from their home county's community college. Failure to apply for a Chargeback will result in additional charges, covering the cost of the course, to the student. 

Chargeback Procedures

1. First-semester students will receive a letter from the Office of Outreach and Admissions verifying their admission to Rowan College at Burlington County.

2. A copy of the College Assessment scores (if applicable) should be obtained from the Test Center.

3. Out-of-county students should request enrollment verification from the Office of the Registrar indicating the courses and program of study for the semester.

4. All necessary information must be submitted to and processed by the appropriate office (Office of the Registrar, Office of Outreach and Admissions and Office of Student Accounts) of your home county college.

a. A ‘‘Certificate of Eligibility’’ will be issued if approved

b. A refusal form will be completed if denied­

5. A Residency Certificate must be completed by the County Treasurer’s Office of your ‘‘home’’ county.

6. Return all information to the RCBC Office of Student Accounts, located in the Student Success Center.

7. This process must be completed by the deadlines established by your ‘‘home’’ county.

8. Renewal by semester depends on the procedures established by your ‘‘home’’ county college.

Special Rates for Senior Adults

Burlington County residents at least 65-years-old are eligible for a Senior Citizen tuition waiver. The student is required to pay all fees. Students wishing to utilize the waiver are eligible to register four (4) business days before the class begins. Proof of age and residency will be established at time of registration. Special rates and discounts are not retroactively applied.

Course/Materials Fees

Some courses at the college require additional fees to pay for laboratory hours and/or additional materials required for the course. ACCESS permits RCBC students to access their books and course materials with less cost, cost predictability, and greater convenience, and the ability to use financial aid or a payment plan for books and materials.

IncludED provides Health Sciences students access to all of their required materials from the first day of class. The course material charge is included on the student's bill. The cost structure for IncludED is published at See page 19 for the IncludED charge.

A Culinary Program fee is charged to all RCBC culinary students to pay for materials needed in the culinary program.

Returned Check Fee

Any check returned to the college by the bank on which it is drawn, for any reason whatsoever, will incur a proc­essing fee, and the college may revoke the student’s privilege of writing personal checks.

The college will not accept post-dated checks, and, if returned by the bank, are subject to the returned check fee.

Schedule Change Fee

Once classes begin, a non-refundable fee is charged each time a student adds a class or changes a section when the change is for the student’s personal convenience or for a change in instructor.

Tuition Refunds

Tuition refunds are processed during the 60 working days following the last day of the official Drop/Add period. Students with questions regarding refunds should contact the Office of Student Accounts. Students are encouraged to establish an eRefund account, allowing refunds to a bank account via direct deposit more quickly and efficiently. Students may set up an eRefund by logging into their BaronOne account, selecting the Self-Service option and clicking “Payment Options and Account Management.” 

Refunds without eRefund are made by check for students who paid by cash or check. A credit card refund is done for payments made by credit card. All check refunds are mailed to the student’s address on file. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that the mailing address of record in the college’s student information system is correct.

Financial Aid Refunds

Credit balances on student accounts resulting from financial aid disbursements will be refunded to the student within 14 days of the credit balance student account status. Parent Plus loans are refunded to the parent unless the parent has indicated otherwise in the loan process.

Exceptions and Appeals Committee

The Exceptions and Appeals Committee reviews student petitions to the college’s financial policies. Exception and Appeal Petitions are reviewed in the order they are received. Petitions must be submitted using an RCBC student email or in person to the Student Services office on the second floor of the Student Success Center. Petitions and supporting documentation should be submitted within 90 days of the end of the term, which necessitates the appeal. Petitions submitted after 90 days must be supported with documentation of extraordinary circumstances to be favorably considered. For the committee to consider a petition, courses for the semester/term that is under review must have a status of dropped “D,” withdrawal “W,” or have been approved for administrative withdrawal “AW.” The Committee decides based on the student’s written explanation of the extenuating circumstance and the submitted documentation (i.e., verification of hospitalization from a doctor or hospital, transfer orders signed by a military commander, etc.). The Exceptions and Appeals Petition form is available on the website at


Mount Laurel, Student Success Center. 
Phone: (856) 222-9311, ext. 1575
Federal School Code: 007730

Applying for Financial Aid

The first step in applying for financial aid is to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This allows you to apply for federal and state grants and many institutional scholarships. There is no charge for filing the FAFSA. Filing online at is the fastest, most efficient way to apply for financial aid.

Note: The FAFSA is available for completion on October 1 of each year for the next academic year. You must complete a FAFSA every academic year. An academic year consists of the fall, spring and summer semesters, which generally begin in August and end in July of each year. 


Verification is the process by which additional information is requested by the U.S. Department of Education, New Jersey Higher Education Student Assistance Authority (HESAA) and/or the Office of Financial Aid to verify information. Verification is intended to improve the accuracy of the information submitted on the FAFSA. If you are selected for verification, you will be asked to submit documentation allowing RCBC to confirm your submitted data.

The college reserves the right to select any applicant for verification it believes to have submitted incorrect or conflicting information to protect the integrity of the financial aid programs. The data elements selected for institutional verification may exceed those the Department of Education requires. Other student populations selected for verification include the parents, siblings, and spouses who attend RCBC or students selected by CPS for verification.

As part of the verification process, the student’s high school/GED completion and citizenship and state residency are verified and information is compared with data obtained in the admission process.


RCBC publishes a priority deadline for financial aid each award year. Priority applications are guaranteed to be processed prior to the start of the semester. Please refer to the Academic Calendar at for specific information on dates. However, as long as RCBC receives the student’s FAFSA before the end of the enrollment period for which the student is applying for aid, the student’s eligibility will be reviewed.

For a file to be considered complete, your FAFSA must be processed by the Department of Education and the results received by RCBC. In addition, you must submit any documentation requested by RCBC in order to complete your FAFSA application.

Completing the FAFSA

The first step to completing the Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA) is to create an electronic signature (FSA ID). Your FSA ID will be used to sign federal documents related to financial aid. The FSA ID is created online at You will need a valid email address to complete this process. Students and their parents (if dependent) are required to have an FSA ID.

When completing the FAFSA be sure to use the tax information from the calendar year indicated on the FAFSA you are filing.

According to federal guidelines, you must list your and your parent’s information if you are a dependent student. If your parent is remarried, you must include your step-parent’s information. If you are married, you must list information for yourself and your spouse. Sign and date the FAFSA and have your parent sign if you are a dependent. We encourage you to electronically file and sign your FAFSA with the Department of Education at It is the fastest and easiest way to file your FAFSA every year that you are attending RCBC.

In the school choice section of the FAFSA, you must tell the federal processor which schools should receive your information. Enter RCBC’s Federal School Code: 007730. 

How Do I Get Help?

For your convenience, you can apply for an FSA User ID and file your FAFSA online using one of the ‘Student Use’ computers available on all campuses.

Online help with the filing process is available at and at You can also obtain help at

The Financial Aid Office can also assist you with this process; you can call or email the office to arrange an appointment.

What Happens Next?

After you have completed your FAFSA, you should receive your Student Aid Report (SAR) from the US Department of Education’s Federal Processor. RCBC receives the same information electronically within two weeks. We will inform you of the status of your application and tell you if we need any additional documentation. If additional information is needed, Missing Information notifications are sent to the student institutional email address detailing the additional documentation to be submitted to the Financial Aid Office within 10 days. You can also log into BaronOne to check your document requirements in the Financial Aid section of Self-Service.

Once your file is complete and you have been awarded, we will send a notice of eligibility to your RCBC student email account.


Federal Pell Grants

Federal Pell Grants are the single largest grant program at RCBC. It is a federally funded program open to all RCBC students who are degree or certificate-seeking and demonstrate financial need. The grant award amount is based on the number of enrollment credits, the cost of attending RCBC, and the student’s EFC (a formula used by the Department of Education to determine financial need). The federal Pell Grant is unavailable to students with bachelor’s, graduate or professional degrees.

The maximum Federal Pell Grant award a student is eligible for varies. The amount you get, though, will depend on your Expected Family Contribution, the cost of attendance (determined by your school for your specific program), your enrollment status (full-time or part-time student), and your plans to attend school for a full academic year (fall, spring and summer) or less. 

In certain situations, an eligible student can receive up to 150 percent of their scheduled Pell Grant award for an
award year.

You may not receive Federal Pell Grant funds from more than one school at a time.

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (FSEOG)

FSEOG is also a federal grant. It is designed for students with exceptional financial need. Eligible degree-seeking students must register for at least six credits each semester during which they receive FSEOG funds. FSEOG funds are awarded to the neediest Pell Grant recipients. You can receive between $100 and $4,000 a year, depending on your financial need, when you apply, the amount of other aid you get, and the availability of funds at your school. 

Tuition Aid Grants (TAG)

The New Jersey Tuition Aid Grant (TAG) is a need-based grant awarded to New Jersey residents which is determined by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The award amount varies depending on financial need, cost of attendance and available funding. This grant is available to students who meet the following eligibility requirements:

• U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
• Resident of New Jersey for 12 months
• Full-time enrollment
• Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress

Community College Opportunity Grant (CCOG)

The Community College Opportunity Grant (CCOG) pays for the cost of tuition and certain fees for New Jersey residents who are registered for a minimum of 6 credits for each of the fall and spring terms. This grant covers the cost of tuition and fees that are not already covered by federal and state financial aid or scholarships. You must complete the FAFSA and log into the State of New Jersey’s system (FAMS) to complete any outstanding requirements. More information:

Educational Opportunity Fund Program (EOF)

EOF provides financial assistance and comprehensive support services (e.g. counseling, tutoring, and developmental course work) to students who attend participating institutions of higher education in the State of New Jersey.

Undergraduate grants range from $338 to $1,250 annually for students enrolled at a two-year institution who demonstrate financial need. These grants are renewable based upon continued eligibility. Eligibility requirements are located at and include:

• Completion of the EOF application, available online at
• Completion of the FAFSA and NJFAMS aid applications.
• Adherence to financial eligibility guidelines.
• Enroll for six credits at RCBC, seeking a degree.
• New Jersey resident for 12 months.

Interested students should call the EOF office at (856) 222-9311, ext. 1462 or email

New Jersey Student Tuition Assistance Rewards Scholarship (NJ STARS)

New Jersey residents who rank in the top 15% of their class at the end of their junior or senior year of high school may be eligible for five semesters of free tuition, less state or federal grants and scholarships. The scholarship is a tuition-only award; no course fees, institutional fees, or books will be covered. The award covers these charges for up to 18 credit hours per semester. You must be enrolled in at least 12 college-level credits every semester and maintain a 3.0 GPA. NJ STARS does not cover remedial/developmental coursework. An NJ STARS-eligible student must complete all developmental coursework one year after graduation. It is recommended that developmental coursework be completed while the student is in high school or in the summer term before their fall enrollment. The student must enroll in an associate degree program of a New Jersey community college in the county in which they reside. Out-of-county residents are considered only if their home-county college does not offer the program they want to pursue.

There are additional NJ State resources listed on the RCBC website at

Student Employment Federal Work-Study Program (FWS)

FWS is a federal employment program in which the government allocates funds to the institution to employ students on campus to help them pay for education expenses. FWS is available to degree-seeking students with at least six credits who have financial need. Students generally work an average of 20 hours per week. Recipients must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents and making satisfactory academic progress. To receive consideration for the FWS, students must file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year.

Rowan College at Burlington County Foundation Scholarships

RCBC Foundation Scholarships are awarded each year to a select number of recipients based on academic merit and financial need. Scholarship amounts vary.


Direct Lending

Rowan College at Burlington County participates in the William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan, which comes directly from the federal government. 

This program is available to students enrolled in a minimum of six credits per semester. In addition to completing the FAFSA, borrowers must complete an RCBC Loan Request form, a master promissory note and a loan entrance interview.

Loans are repayable six months after graduation or when you cease to be enrolled with at least six credits. For additional information about student or parent loans, visit

Annual Limits

Dependent Student Annual Subsidized and Unsubsidized 
1st year (less than 29 credits earned)– $3,500
2nd year (29 or more credits earned)– $4,500

Independent Student Annual Subsidized and Unsubsidized 
1st year (less than 29 credits earned)– $3,500
2nd year (29 or more credits earned)– $4,500

Dependent Student Annual Combined Subsidized and Unsubsidized 
1st year (less than 29 credits earned)– $5,500
2nd year (29 or more credits earned)– $6,500

Independent Student** Annual Combined Subsidized and Unsubsidized
1st year (less than 29 credits earned)– $9,500
2nd year (29 or more credits earned)– $10,500

** Includes dependent students whose parents are unable to borrow PLUS loans.

Subsidized Loans

Subsidized direct loans are federally guaranteed loans based on financial need. Interest does not accrue on the loan while you are enrolled for at least six credits or during future deferment periods. A student can not receive financial aid that will exceed the cost of attendance. 

Unsubsidized Loans

Unsubsidized direct loans are federally guaranteed and not based on financial need. Interest will begin accruing when the loan is disbursed to the school. 

A student cannot receive financial aid above the cost of attendance. 

Federal Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students (PLUS) 

The PLUS program makes education loans available for parents of undergraduate students. The annual loan limit is the dependent student’s cost of education minus any estimated financial aid received. Repayment begins within sixty days of disbursement, with up to ten years to repay. 


The CLASS loan program is for students and supplements the Direct Lending program. The annual loan limit is the cost of education minus any financial aid received. There are three repayment options: defer all payments until after
graduation, pay interest only or pay interest and principal.

Students must use their full Federal eligibility first. For more information, visit

How Aid is Awarded

Unless otherwise noted as a merit-based scholarship, financial aid is awarded to students solely based on their financial need. Financial need is the difference between a student’s cost of attendance and their Expected Family Contribution (EFC) from the FAFSA. 

Cost of Attendance

The student’s cost of attendance includes allowances for such items as tuition, fees, books, supplies, room and board, personal expenses, and transportation for one academic year. 

Expected Family Contribution (EFC)

The family’s expected contribution is computed from the data the family submits on the FAFSA to the Department of Education. If you are a dependent student, it comprises the parent’s contribution and the student’s contribution from income and assets.

If you are independent, it is based on your and, if married, your spouse’s income and assets.

Other Resources

Other resources may include government education benefits, employer tuition payments, veteran benefits and other
payments made to your student account by outside third parties. All other resources are used in determining your financial need and must be reported to the Financial Aid Office.

Outside Aid

Outside aid is typically veteran benefits or other private scholarships. All outside aid determines need and must be reported to the Financial Aid Office.

General Eligibility Requirements

To qualify for federal, state, RCBC need-based financial aid and most assistance other than scholarships, you must meet the general eligibility requirements:

• Have a high school diploma, GED or equivalent
• Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment in a degree or certificate program
• Be a U.S. citizen, U.S. national or eligible non-citizen.
• If you are selected for verification by the Department of Education or RCBC, complete the verification process before receiving any financial aid funds.
• Maintain satisfactory academic progress in your degree or certificate program of study.
• Not be in default on a federal student loan.
• Not owe a refund on a federal or state grant.
• Demonstrate financial need to qualify for need-based funds.
• Meet the defined criteria for each financial aid program.

Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Policy

All students receiving financial aid from federal, state or institutional sources must make satisfactory academic progress (SAP) at Rowan College at Burlington County (RCBC). SAP is monitored at the end of each semester for aid recipients who are degree-seeking or pursuing a certificate. SAP measures a student’s performance for all terms of enrollment, including terms in which the student does not receive financial aid. A financial aid applicant is responsible for knowing the Financial Aid SAP Policy. To view our current policy please visit

Academic Amnesty for Financial Aid

Federal regulations make no provision for academic amnesty. If a student’s prior coursework was given special treatment under RCBC’s provisions for Academic Amnesty, the student’s cumulative GPA must be calculated based all credits attempted at RCBC. If the recalculated GPA is less than 2.0, the student may appeal to the Financial Aid Office for special circumstances. 

Transfer Credits for Financial Aid

Credits transferred from another college are counted in the number of credits attempted and completed to measure
the completion rate and maximum time frame. Transfer credits are not counted in the calculation of grade point average. 

Withdrawals/Incompletes/Repeats/Other Grades for Financial Aid

NOTE: None of the following grades are included in the calculation of cumulative GPA, with the one exception of the highest grade earned on a repeated course. 

Credits with a grade of “AW” (academic withdrawal), “W” (withdrawal) or “E” (old excused withdrawal) assigned after the drop/add period of a term are treated as attempted but not earned.

Credits with a grade of “I” (incomplete), “X” (extended incomplete), “SR” (stopped attending the remedial level course) or “ST” (stopped attending the college-level course) are treated as attempted but not earned.

Credits for repeated courses are treated as attempted but not earned, except for the course with the highest grade, which is included in the GPA calculation. 

Credits for developmental and ESL coursework with a grade of “A” (outstanding), “B” (advanced), “C” (pass), “P” (pass), “O” (outstanding), “S” (satisfactory) are treated as attempted and earned. The grades of “F” (unsatisfactory), “U” (unsatisfactory) or “Q” (questionable) is treated as attempted but not earned.

Credits with a grade of “N” (no grade reported) or “NA” (non-attendance) are treated as attempted but not earned. 

A grade of “AU” (audit), “L” (old audit), “M” (old audit non-attendance), “Z” (withdrew before the 10th day of a term) or “EX” (credit by exam) are not included in attempted or earned credits.

Second Degree Students for Financial Aid

Financial aid is available for students pursuing a second degree. Credits hours attempted and/or completed toward a prior degree will be included in the Completion Rate and Maximum Time Frame measures, along with any transfer credits.

Change in Program for Financial Aid

If a student changes academic programs, the credits from the prior program will be counted as attempted and earned credits. If the student does not meet the minimum SAP requirements, the student may appeal based on a change in program and request that only credits applicable to the new program be included in the calculation of cumulative GPA, completion rate, and maximum time frame.

Ineligibility for Financial Aid

Students classified as on Academic Dismissal by RCBC are immediately ineligible for financial aid. Any aid disbursed for a term the student has been dismissed must be repaid to the college.

Students who do not meet the minimum SAP requirements and have a SAP status of suspended are ineligible for financial aid. Any aid disbursed for a term the student is disqualified must be repaid to the college.

Appeal Process for Financial Aid

Students placed on suspended status may appeal their status and eligibility for financial aid. Appeals must be submitted in writing to the Financial Aid Office and will be evaluated by the Financial Aid SAP Committee for special circumstances. Special circumstances with documentation that may be approved:

  • Serious illness or accident,

  • Death, accident, or serious illness in the immediate family,

  • Military deployment

  • Change in academic program

Documentation of the student’s special circumstances, past academic performance, and assessment of ability to make up the SAP deficiencies will be evaluated. If the appeal is approved, the student is placed on Probation for one term if pursuing a degree or certificate. Approval of financial aid based on an appeal is normally granted once during a student’s academic career at Rowan College at Burlington County. If a student has not corrected the deficiencies after the first probationary period, the student is ineligible for aid until the deficiencies are corrected.

Unless there are special circumstances, a student placed on suspended status should demonstrate the ability to successfully complete coursework without financial aid before appealing. For example, a student enrolled for 12-semester credits who successfully passes all courses with a minimum 2.0 GPA and with grades of “C” or better and who can complete the program of study within the allowable maximum time frame is encouraged to file
an appeal.

A student who fails to meet the SAP requirements and chooses to enroll without the benefit of financial aid does not need to appeal for reinstatement of financial aid eligibility when the SAP minimum requirements are met. 

Students should be aware that being re-admitted to RCBC does not automatically make them eligible for financial aid. Students must meet the standards above to qualify for financial aid eligibility. Students who have lost eligibility to participate in federal student aid programs for reasons of satisfactory academic progress can regain that eligibility only by enrolling at Rowan College at Burlington County at their own expense and demonstrating that they are capable of completing a semester without any failures, incompletes or withdrawals and showing the ability to complete his/her/their degree requirements more regularly. The passage of time will not ordinarily restore eligibility to a student who has lost eligibility for failure to make satisfactory progress.